Re: anyone define port types?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: anyone define port types?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:18:12 +0200

Panicz Maciej Godek writes:

> I also used GOOPS, which I regret to this day, and so the
> whole framework needs a serious rewrite

What is it that you do not like about GOOPS?  I have a project that may
be in the same position.  I used GOOPS initially, then rewrote it to use
either GOOPS, plain lists or records backends.

When I kind of decided to go for plain lists, I discovered people (eg,
guix) are using records; and meanwhile Andy has made GOOPS perform.  Now
I'm thinking: if you only use GOOPS as a friendlier way to create
records, that may be nice after all.  Just wondering.

Greetings,
Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl