Building guile-2.0.11 on a new cygwin 64

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Building guile-2.0.11 on a new cygwin 64
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 16:17:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hi-

I started looking at what it would take to build a
Guile 2.0.11 on Cygwin.  The current prepackaged
Guile on Cygwin is 1.8.8.

I used
gc-7.4.2
gmp-6.1.0
guile-2.0.11
libatomic_ops-7.4.2
libtool-2.4.6
libunistring-0.9.6

I used gc-7.4.2, but, I had to pull in this patch from master.
https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/4e24d219d29abb2b111bb9a9ccb13c3f149a855a

I had to patch
guile-2.0.11/lib/sys_select.in.h
as described in this e-mail
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2016-03/msg00057.html

And I had to build guile with the "--without-threads" configure
option.  When I use threads, it hangs in scm_i_pthread_cond_wait.

And with that, it builds and runs and passes the majority of the
"make check" tests, except for these.

FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_UNIX/SOCK_STREAM: accept
FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_UNIX/SOCK_STREAM: accept (bis)

FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: accept
FAIL: i18n.test: character mapping: char-locale-upcase Turkish
FAIL: i18n.test: character mapping: char-locale-downcase Turkish
FAIL: i18n.test: string mapping: string-locale-upcase Turkish
FAIL: i18n.test: string mapping: string-locale-downcase Turkish
FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: integer
FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: fraction
FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: fraction, 1 digit
FAIL: i18n.test: monetary-amount->locale-string: French: integer
FAIL: i18n.test: monetary-amount->locale-string: French: fraction

And the standalone test "test-ffi" fails with

ERROR: In procedure dynamic-func:
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-pointer: Symbol not found: strerror

I know this information is all too casual to be a either a bug
report or build instructions, but, I wanted to document what I had
before I moved on to other things.  Hopefully it'll be of use
to someone.

Maybe I'll get back to this again soon.

Thanks,
Mike Gran