Re: Building guile-2.0.11 on a new cygwin 64

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building guile-2.0.11 on a new cygwin 64
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:27:04 +0300

> Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 16:17:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Mike Gran <address@hidden>
>
> And I had to build guile with the "--without-threads" configure
> option.  When I use threads, it hangs in scm_i_pthread_cond_wait.
>
> And with that, it builds and runs and passes the majority of the
> "make check" tests, except for these.
>
> FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_UNIX/SOCK_STREAM: accept
> FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_UNIX/SOCK_STREAM: accept (bis)
>
> FAIL: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: accept
> FAIL: i18n.test: character mapping: char-locale-upcase Turkish
> FAIL: i18n.test: character mapping: char-locale-downcase Turkish
> FAIL: i18n.test: string mapping: string-locale-upcase Turkish
> FAIL: i18n.test: string mapping: string-locale-downcase Turkish
> FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: integer
> FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: fraction
> FAIL: i18n.test: number->locale-string: French: fraction, 1 digit
> FAIL: i18n.test: monetary-amount->locale-string: French: integer
> FAIL: i18n.test: monetary-amount->locale-string: French: fraction
>

> And the standalone test "test-ffi" fails with
>
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-func:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-pointer: Symbol not found: strerror
>

> I know this information is all too casual to be a either a bug
> report or build instructions, but, I wanted to document what I had
> before I moved on to other things.  Hopefully it'll be of use
> to someone.
>
> Maybe I'll get back to this again soon.

I'm surprised you have almost the same problems in a Cygwin build
that I had in the MinGW build (see several discussions back in June
2013 and some more in 2014).  Cygwin is much more Posix compatible, so
at least the i18n tests should have passed.  But maybe I'm missing
something; if you look at the problems I reported back then, perhaps
you will be able to uncover the root causes for these problems.