Re: Project status

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: Project status
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 16:52:34 +0200

I believe the OP was talking about Guile Emacs. :-)

I don't know if Robin Templeton (the main author of that project who got
it so far) has time to continue working on it in the near future, but I
was intending to dig into it next.  Hopefully in the coming weeks.

I'm a noob in C, Emacs's code-base, and Guile's code-base though, so
expect sloooow progress.

>> I built it, started, got several errors like
>> File mode specification error: (error "Scheme error" misc-error
>> (#<scheme #f> #<scheme Unbound variable: ~s> (#<scheme #<variable
>> 4a46400 value: #<undefined>>>) #<scheme #f>)).

You need to use Robin Templeton's fork of the Guile master branch and
use that while building, again, Robin Templeton's fork of the Emacs
master branch.

Here are instructions:

    https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacs#toc3

The same page also contains many other useful information, and a link to
a TODO page.

Hope that helps!

Taylan