Re: How do you earn money with Guile?

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: How do you earn money with Guile?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:11:54 +0200

On 2016-06-03 19:57, Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 11:32:24 +0200
Arne Babenhauserheide <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> “I would take Guile seriously when someone earned money with it.”
> — someone from IRC

When I saw this on IRC, I realized that the there’s something to it:
When a professional sees something new and is unsure whether it can be
useful to business, it’s sensible to first check whether someone else
already earns money with it.

That doesn’t work for the first person, but it works for all others.

This doesn't work for a few persons ;)

In today's development ecosystem, I fear a language won't gain any
popular traction (and thereby cause profit to be gained) until you can
build a blog or some other inane web application in it... preferably in
under 5 minutes.  It doesn't matter how well the language does anything
else.

A blog in 5 minutes, the Internet in 30!

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr