Re: Elegant way to time function execution

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: Elegant way to time function execution
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 13:35:55 +0200

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> You may try time-utc->date or it's friends to convert seconds to
> Y/M/D/h/m/s. But you may need to write a function to print each field.
> BTW, ",a" command in the REPL is your friend when you have no any clue
> about what function may work.

Reading SRFI 19, I can't be sure, but I suspect that it's supposed to be
an error to use a "time-utc->..." procedure on a time object with type
"time-duration".

The easiest way to make a time-duration type of time object readable
that I can see is turning it into plain seconds via:

    (+ (time-second t)
       (/ (time-nanosecond t) 1000000000))

Taylan