backtraces

From: Catonano
Subject: backtraces
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:05:19 +0200

Hello guilers

I am playing a little bit with guile 2.0.11

It happens that one of my functions gets called with an argument of the
wrong type. It should be a hash-table and it's a symbol instead.

So it happens that my function calls hash-fold with something that should
be a hash-table but it's a symbol

Like this:

(hash-fold
  first-argument ;; an anonymous function
  second-argument ;; this is a long list
  'this-should-be-a-hash-table-and-its-not!! )

Thing is that the way the stacktrace gets printed in the debugger is like
this

0 (hash-fold #<procedure 2089e40 at npmjs.scm:72:5 (name version store)>
(#<<npm-package-version> name: "promises-aplus-tests" version: "latest">
#<<npm-pa…>) #)

That is the last argument, the faulty one, is not printed, it's cut out

How can I get my calls completely printed out ?

Because I send different alarm symbols based on the specific error
condition that I get, having those printed out would be neat.

Instead of having to reconstruct in the REPL the whole call chain to see
which error actually arose.