Re: There is no SCAN (introducing Compan)

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: There is no SCAN (introducing Compan)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 15:11:35 +0200

On 2016-09-18 09:38, Panicz Maciej Godek wrote:

[...]

Therefore, I wrote Compan, which is meant to be a "Community Package
Manager" for Guile.

In short, it allows to load modules from remote repositories. Once you
(use-modules (compan)), provided that all the prerequisites are satisfied, you can use the "load-modules" macro, that clones the desired repository,
adjusts load paths and imports the appropriate modules -- for example:

(load-modules ("https://bitbucket.org/panicz/dogma"; (lib)))

The (compan) module is around 100 lines of Guile code (GPL3) that can be
found here:
https://github.com/panicz/compan

(but I'd love to see a similar functionality present in the Guile's core
module system one day)

Happy hacking,
Panicz

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.