Re: extension paths

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: extension paths
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:27:11 +0100

Hi!

Linas Vepstas <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'd like to ask for help/clarification (and maybe even volunteer to
> write the required code) to resolve this extension-loading problem.
>
> I have almost a dozen C++ shared libs that implement guile modules,
> and regularly struggle to get them loaded correctly.   First, they
> need to be installed into one of 8 different places:
>
>     /usr/lib/guile/2.0/extensions
>     /usr/local/lib/guile/2.0/extensions
>     /usr/lib64/guile/2.0/extensions
>     /usr/local/lib64/guile/2.0/extensions
>     /usr/lib/guile/2.2/extensions
>     /usr/local/lib/guile/2.2/extensions
>     /usr/lib64/guile/2.2/extensions
>     /usr/local/lib64/guile/2.2/extensions

You can get the default location by running:

  pkg-config guile-2.0 --variable extensiondir

Or you can simply install to $extensiondir, where:

  libdir=$prefix/lib
  extensiondir=$libdir/guile/@GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION@/extensions

If you use Autoconf, the GUILE_PKG macro defines and substitutes
‘GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION’ (info "(guile) Autoconf Macros").

HTH!

Ludo’.