Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 20:04:31 -0500

sirgazil says:
> When I started, my plan was to follow the course in Guile instead,
> since the course is about the design method, and not the tools, but
> I had to stop very early when I had to do some projects involving
> graphics and animation.
>
> Personally, I don't feel the need for something like DrRacket,
> but it would have been nice to be able to find a Guile "canvas" or a
> 2D game library to play easily with basic graphics and animations.

You might want to try these:
https://dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html
https://dthompson.us/projects/sly.html

Hi, Rodger.

Yes, I know those. I tried Sly, but then realized it requires OpenGL, which is
broken in the system I use (nvidia seems incompatible with free software). I
haven't tried chickadee, but, if I remember correctly, it has the same
requirement.

So I still need something that works without OpenGL, like Racket's universe
module or Pygame :)