Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:04:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:15 AM, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:

> So!  Release blockers.

I know you're asking about how to wrap up 2.2, and here
I am to suggest new features.  So rude. ;-)

If I had to come up with my own personal lists of features
I'd love to claim for a future release.

* A string encoding that can handle raw bytes
  to make Guile more Emacs friendly, as per many e-mails in this
  thread.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2017-02/msg00118.html

* Some helper funcs for debugging.  For example, I just found
  out (after a decade) that Guile comes with its own pk.  Also,
  a "break REPL here when condition is true" procedure would
  be great.  I've sometimes rolled my own with ",break acos" and
  adding (acos 0.0) for the location in question.

* Fix GDB support.

>From my understanding of Guile internals, the former is
tractable.
-Mike