Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:06:30 +0100

Hi :)

On Thu 23 Feb 2017 21:04, Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> I know you're asking about how to wrap up 2.2, and here
> I am to suggest new features.  So rude. ;-)

Hehe :)  The suggestions are still welcome.  If they make 2.2.0, super!
If they make 2.2.1, also super :)

> * A string encoding that can handle raw bytes
>   to make Guile more Emacs friendly, as per many e-mails in this
>   thread.

I haven't digested the thread so I defer to you for the moment :)

> * Some helper funcs for debugging.  For example, I just found
>   out (after a decade) that Guile comes with its own pk.  Also,
>   a "break REPL here when condition is true" procedure would
>   be great.  I've sometimes rolled my own with ",break acos" and
>   adding (acos 0.0) for the location in question.

Yeah pk is nice!!!!  It is how I do a lot of my debugging.  Silly.

The "break when condition is true" thing is totally doable.

> * Fix GDB support.

I wasn't aware that it was broken but I don't doubt it :)

Cheers,

Andy