Re: guile can't find a chinese named file

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile can't find a chinese named file
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:33:26 +0100

On Mon 27 Feb 2017 13:09, David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>> I seriously invite you to read the fine manual, specifically the first
>> four subsections of this node:
>>

>> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/master/guile.html/Input-and-Output.html
>
> ...somewhat unlikely that my thoughts are merely the outcome of
> incompetency.

Me suggesting that you read the manual is not suggesting you are
incompetent.  I would appreciate you not reading more into my words than
what I wrote.  I merely invite you to read the manual, especially since
has been updated in 2.2.  It explains clearly what Guile ports are and
are not.  This part of the manual was less clear in the past.

You seem to be specifically under the misconception that binary I/O on
string ports is impossible or not useful.  This is a misunderstanding on
your part.

Andy