Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.1.7 released (beta)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:04:44 -0300

Hi Andy,

> So!  Release blockers.

Not a blocker, at all, but I was thinking to this, wrt manipulating (very) large
vectors, arrays, lists ...

-]      repl - truncated-print

Right now I edit the installed (system repl common), and wrote a tip in
Guile-CV's
manual so users can do that as well:  less then optimal :).  It would be nice to
provide an option, so users could set it 'just like that', in the repl, or as a
global config in their .guile (I did see lloda does that in his for arrays, but
it's
not an obvious option to set, it is a 'sophisticated' little piece of code (for
an
end-user at least)).

-]      error(s) while manipulating (very) large vectors or arrays

Unlike the above, it appears there is currently no way to have error (the
procedure)
and raised exceptions in general, to use truncated-print, it would be cool to
'link'
the above option so error reports use it as well.

WDYT?
David