REPL history

From: Vladimir Zhbanov
Subject: REPL history
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 20:06:31 +0300

Hi Guile users,

Is there any way to use history of work done in a spawned REPL?

My GUI application spawns a REPL server in background terminal:

(use-modules (system repl server))
(spawn server)

Then users manually run:
(use-modules (ice-9 readline))
(activate readline)

However, after quitting the application, the history is not
saved. I always see the history of commands used in guile itself,
not one of my app.

When I use readline-options, it shows some file is used:

scheme@(guile-user)> (readline-options 'history)
history-file            yes     Use history file.
history-length          200     History length.
bounce-parens           500     Time (ms) to show matching opening parenthesis
(0 = off).

I don't know which file is used, anyway.

Are there any options to get history in spawned REPL?

--
  Vladimir