Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Amirouche
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:23:39 +0100

Le 01/03/2017 à 20:21, Amirouche a écrit :

Le 14/02/2017 à 22:35, Arne Babenhauserheide a écrit :
Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden> writes:
There's surely many ways to approach that issue. The point is that for
some reason, Schemers from various tribes prefer to reinvent the
wheel, rather than use an existing one. (Not that I am any different)
However, I also think that these CPAN-alike solutions are far from
optimal: ideally, programming could be made an experience similar the
game "The Journey" by thatgamecompany (where you travel to your goal
and sometimes encounter other players heading the same direction), and
the repository itself could look more like Wikipedia (but first we'd
need to start perceiveing programming as a compact way of representing
knowledge)
That sounds somehow like stackoverflow. We might already be going there :)

That's a very good idea!

There is trusting issue tho. Do you trust all what is written in wikipedia right? You can not simply execute code from the programming cloud like that. I try to review
at least once the code I use. But I trust most of it to be safe.