autoconf macros

From: Catonano
Subject: autoconf macros
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:42:38 +0100

Hello,

I copied an example of autoconf macros for an ideal guile based project
from the guile manual

Only, instead of verifying if pgp is present, I would like to verify if
wiredtiger is present

So this is the excerpt from the manual

# gpgutils
       AC_PATH_PROG(GNUPG,gpg)
       test x"$GNUPG" = x &&
           probably_wont_work="(my gpgutils) $probably_wont_work"

And this is what I'd like

# wiredtiger
       AC_PATH_PROG(WIREDTIGER,wt)
       test x"$wt = x &&
           probably_wont_work="(my-wiredtiger-dependant-module)
$probably_wont_work"

So I put this in the config.ac file in a dummy project folder,  I run
aclocal and autoconf

A configure file and and "autom4te.cache" folder appeared

But the configure file is empty

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Thanks for any hint