Re: lilypond progress

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: lilypond progress
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:55:28 +0100

David Kastrup writes:

> The "main roadblocks" in relation to which goal?  To make Guile2 a step
> forward as compared to Guile1, we are more or less struggling to reach
> the starting line, namely being able to use Guile2 reliably enough as
> to be able to start targeted, well-defined, effective and reasonably
> achievable improvements.

That’s a different way of stating that Lilypond with Guile2 made a huge
step forward. You call it the starting line, I call it "main roadblocks
removed". Those are two expressions for the same concept :)

And yes, this is about personal and social things, which are very real
and affect how we tackle technical issues.

In the past years the technical problems wrought quite some carnage on
the social interaction between Guile and Lilypond, but now the social
situation is lagging behind the technical one — which looks a lot
brighter now.

Lilypond with Guile2 is almost on track to moving forward with
"targeted, well-defined, effective and reasonably achievable
improvements".

And that make me smile — and want to thank you and all the others who
made it real.

Best wishes,
Arne