Re: guix is the guildhall that we always wanted!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: guix is the guildhall that we always wanted!
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 18:22:17 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:57:22 +0100
>
> > I'm saying that when cross-compiling, it's easy to produce binaries
> > that are unusable on Windows because Guile is not run natively during
> > the build, and so problems inherent to the Windows port are not
> > revealed during the build.
>
> Right; that would be a bug in Guile’s build system.  Is pthread support
> detection broken when cross-compiling to MinGW?

Not sure what you are asking here.  I never cross-built Guile, I
always build the MinGW port natively.  And pthreads detection is not
broken, the build process correctly detects that I have pthreads
installed.  But if I want to produce a working Guile (or even get the
build to run to completion, since that involves running Guile to
compile Scheme files), I need to disable threads.