Re: squee

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: squee
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 04:32:07 +0200

Chris,

thanks for your reply, usually Gmail makes messages aimed to me rather than
to some mailing list more evident

It didn't, in this case, so I missed your reply for a few hours.

Gmail is supposed to use wisdom, in its choices :-/

:

> Ah!  No worries about the noise.  I'm happy to see someone using squee.
>
> It hasn't gotten much love in the last couple of years.  I intend to
> return to using it in the not too distant future.  If you're interested
> in working on improvements to it we should talk.

Ok. For now I'd like to use it to populate a database of mine.
Then, we'll see

> In particular we need
> help on code that converts between postgres types and guile native types
> more, I think

Yes, I read your TODO.org file.
Admittedly I don't understand some of the suggestions you give in that file

Maybe because I didn't explore your code yet
Also I didn't skim through the C library you're using.
So I didn't see the Postgres types table that you mention

I just tested the connection and executed one query, to be sure that it was
working correctly

So, let's do like this: I'll use  it a bit in the next few days, then I'll
be able to be more accurate

Thanks !