Re: termbox bindings

From: Amirouche
Subject: Re: termbox bindings
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 00:43:47 +0200

Le 23/04/2017 à 21:43, Amirouche a écrit :
Azul!

I crafted some ffi bindings for termbox [1] which is a small library
that allows to interact with the terminal (somewhat like ncurses but much
simpler).

It comes with a toy text editor with rainbow highlighting and some emacs
bindings. I tried to implement keyword highlighting but it was slow.

FWIW, I commited a better implementation, that could use some more love
that doesn't show any slow-ish behavior. It's only a "keyword" hilighter, more
work would be required to also highlight comments and strings.

I don't want you to believe that Guile is slow in such a simple editor.

Also, there is giant bug, where it's not possible to split a line!

Here is screenshot of the thing http://imgur.com/a/mrJ9J

See you next week end for new adventures!