Re: IMAP SSL Connection using Guile

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: IMAP SSL Connection using Guile
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 19:07:27 +0000

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:47 PM Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun 30 Apr 2017 18:42, Amirouche <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I am trying to connect to an imap server using SSL but it fails. The
> > program does
> > indeed connect to the remote server, but when I try to read on the
> > port it blocks
> > until the connection is closed by the remote host.
> >
> > Everything works fine using gnutls-cli.
> >
> > The version reported by gnutls-cli is 3.5.8
>
> I believe this was fixed in Guile master:
> 0c102b56e98da39b5a3213bdc567a31ad8ef3e73.  Make appropriate changes to
> your copy of tls-wrap :)

Tx! It works!

I have a very basic IMAP implementation (without IDLE extensions (which
would avoid the need to poll the server)) but it miss some "verbs" like
the  ability to look up messages by unique identifier UID. What is missing
is explained in that part https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-6.4.8

Thanks again for taking the time.