Re: Getting started web developpement with GNU Guile (with guile fibers)

From: Amirouche
Subject: Re: Getting started web developpement with GNU Guile (with guile fibers) and BiwaScheme
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 14:53:56 +0200

Le 06/05/2017 à 21:18, Nala Ginrut a écrit :
Oh I'd love to see someone write web front-end with Scheme. Good job !

I will see what new artanis will be out :)

Tx!

2017年5月7日 02:47,"Amirouche" <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>写道:

    I made a screencast explaining how I would start building a poll
    application
    using by favorite tools of the moment.

    There GNU Guile in the backend using the new guile-fibers to run
    the http server
    workers.

    In the frontend I use BiwaScheme with snabbdom library for
    interacting with the
    browser.

    BiwaScheme is a Scheme interpreter written in JavaScript.

    Snabbdom is library that implement a diff+patch algorithm which
    allows to declare
    how the page will look and it make it happen. It also handles
    bindings events to
    callbacks. The use of snabbdom is bound to scheme and its use is
    transparent.

    The first video, I try to explain what tools I will use and sort
    of why. It's not
    very interesting https://youtu.be/i47QgE0ihSw

    The second video, I tackle an issue in forward.scm, basically I am
    bug hunting in
    the browser: https://youtu.be/to8vdri82_E

    The last is the most interesing, it restart where I left it in the
    previous video
    with basically a minimal frontend (so you might want to look at
    the 20 last minutes
    of the second video). Anyway, then it goes on to allow the
    frontend (client side)
    to communicate with the backend (server side) using HTTP:
    https://youtu.be/ePiHp1lgbas

    The code can be found @ https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/azul
    <https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/azul>

    azul means "hello" in amazigh.