type friction C <-> scheme

From: Catonano
Subject: type friction C <-> scheme
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 22:36:45 +0200

Here we go again

After successfully wrapping freexl_open, I can't do the same with
freexl_get_info

One of the arguments expected by such function is "unsigned short"

When I load the namespace at the REPL I get

scheme@(guile-user)> ,m (freexl common)
While executing meta-command:
ERROR: In procedure pointer->procedure: Wrong type argument in position 3:
int

I tried with uint8, uint16 and uint32, with the same result

Here's the function I'm referring to

https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/freexl-1.0.1-doxy-doc/html/freexl_8h.html#ad6dbe072c7a4632853d90f4509bf3aee

And here's my code (there are some instructions as comments in the code)
https://gitlab.com/humanitiesNerd/guile-freexl

And here's an excerpt

(define freexl-get-info
  (let* ((ptr     (freexl-func "freexl_get_info"))
         (proc    (pointer->procedure int ptr '(* int *)))
     ;;the int in the arguments list generates
     ;;a wrong argument type error when
     ;;scheme@(guile-user)> ,m (freexl common)
     ;;While executing meta-command:
     ;;ERROR: In procedure pointer->procedure: Wrong type argument
     ;;in position 3: int

     )
    (lambda (handle-ptr what)
      (let* ((outcome-ptr (bytevector->pointer (make-bytevector (sizeof
'*))))
         (result (proc handle-ptr what outcome-ptr)))
    (if (not (= result 0))
        (throw 'get-info-error 'error-code result)
        outcome-ptr)
    ))))

Thanks in advance