Re: Compilation to js [Update]

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: Compilation to js [Update]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:35:24 +0100

I would like to be able to access Javascript functions from Scheme,
possibly with a (system foreign) type API, but this is not a priority
at the moment. Getting as much of Scheme as possible working is the
main thing. On my list, you could put it as the unspoken 5th stage.

As for residualisation, it's not a technical term. More accurate
terminology would be serialisation of syntax objects. Maybe you can
interpret my use of "residue", as being partly negative, as residue is
something left over at the end of a process. Syntax objects are quite
big, (in one experiment I did today, it was half the size of the
output) and if possible, I'd like to avoid emitting them, where
possible, since this is going to be sent over the network.