Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Freja Nordsiek
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:39:20 +0000

Not necessarily. Using bytevectors and SRFI-4 vectors works very well for some
kinds of data. Just, they aren't the best for other kinds (in principle they
can work with all data if one is one implements a heap or other custom memory
management inside one). They can be made to work but are hard for some types of
data, and if you are working with pointers inside them very easy to get a
segfault (even python numpy, which has a lot of work done on it over many
years, still has a fairly easy way to segfault it if one uses object dtype).

Freja Nordsiek