Re: Guile bugs

From: Marko Rauhamaa
Subject: Re: Guile bugs
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:15:28 +0300

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden>:

> Marko Rauhamaa <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès):
>>
>>> libgc knows which regions it must scan and mmap’d regions like this
>>> are not among them.
>>
>> Wow, where is that documented? I would have imagined it scanned all
>> writable RAM and CPU registers.
>
> It's documented here:  http://www.hboehm.info/gc/gcdescr.html

Please point out the sentence.

The closest I could find is:

   * Static data region(s). In the simplest case, this is the region
     between DATASTART and DATAEND, as defined in gcconfig.h. However,
     in most cases, this will also involve static data regions
     associated with dynamic libraries. These are identified by the
     mostly platform-specific code in dyn_load.c.

But that doesn't clearly state if mmapped regions are in or out. I would
have assumed they were in.

Marko