Re: Presenting Schmutz, easy C++ bindings for Guile

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: Re: Presenting Schmutz, easy C++ bindings for Guile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 02:01:46 +0200

Hi Christofer,

> Very cool.  I don't have time to investigate it at the moment, but I
> wonder if this could be used to make general Guile bindings to Xapian?
> That's something I've long wanted.

Thanks!  I just took a quick look at how Xapian does bindings, and
they are using SWIG, which has Guile support [1], so that's probably a
shorter path to achieve your goals.

On the other hand, Schmutz might be a better fit for project that
whant to avoid code generation (like SWIG) or need more intimate
controll at the boundaries between the C++ and Scheme.

[1] http://www.swig.org/Doc2.0/Guile.html

Cheers!

  JP