Re: Python-style doctests in Guile (implemented, please comment)

From: Vítor De Araújo
Subject: Re: Python-style doctests in Guile (implemented, please comment)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 19:04:33 -0300

Another possibility beside docstrings would be to add it as a property
to the function. I'm not sure if this is a documented feature, but if
the first form in a function is a literal vector rather than a string
(or in addition to a string, I've just found out!), it will be
interpreted as a sequence of (KEY . VAL) properties to the function. For
example:

(define (double x)
  "Returns twice the value of a given number."
  #((examples [(double 5) 10]
              [(double 0) 0]))
  (* 2 x))

scheme@(guile-user)> (procedure-properties double)
$2 = ((name . double) (documentation . "Returns twice the value of a
given number.") (examples ((double 5) 10) ((double 0) 0)))

scheme@(guile-user)> (procedure-property double 'examples)
$3 = (((double 5) 10) ((double 0) 0))

--
Vítor De Araújo