Re: gw:wcp types in Guile-Gnome

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: gw:wcp types in Guile-Gnome
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:45:57 -0300

Hello,

> IMHO it would not violate opaqueness if you could find out (runtime)
> which wct class a wcp value belongs to.

'opaque' is just a name, there is no 'properties' such that one could 'violate'
(or
not) an opaque type: these are just 'opaque' pointers, g-wrap pointers to a C
values, and these values, in the case of pango attributes, must be created using
their corresponding interface, as I wrote in my previus answer...

What you want to achieve wrt (gnome pango), in the current situation, is simply
impossible. To achieve that, you would need to 'manually' wrap pango attribute
class
and subclasses ... something I'm not going to work on, sorry (and and I really
would
not spend any time on this if I were you ... my 2c)

David