Re: out-of-control GC

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: out-of-control GC
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:45:28 +0200

Marko Rauhamaa <address@hidden> writes:
> Linas Vepstas <address@hidden>:
>> This is also why python is popular: any shmo feels they can code in
>> it; its the new visual-basic of the 21st century, with all of the
>> culture and code-quality that implies.
>
> I strongly disagree. Python is popular because its level of abstraction
> is optimal for a whole slew of use cases. I see no reason why Scheme
> couldn't surpass Python some day in the future for the same reason.

I somewhat disagree: Python became popular, because code written in
Python is typically easy to understand; even for non-programmers. This
is aided by the zen of python, which is a seriously awesome basis to
create a programming language: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020/

Now so many people are using Python, that it is also popular because
there are so many people using it and building things for it.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein