Emacs problems with scheme-mode when coding in Guile

From: Andrew Erlanger
Subject: Emacs problems with scheme-mode when coding in Guile
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:41:15 -0400

Hello,

I have had the following problem for a while now, which is seriously
annoying when developing in Scheme (Guile, specifically).

I've also posted this to the Emacs help mailing list, but it may be
Guile-specific.

When editing a file in scheme-mode, I am constantly thrown into the
*Backtrace* buffer, where the following text appears:

  > recursive-edit()
  > debug((76 89))
  > semantic--tag-expand((76 89))
  > semantic-repeat-parse-whole-stream(((close-paren 66 . 67) (open-paren 68 .
69) (DEFINE 69 . 75) (semantic-list 76 . 89) (semantic-list 90 . 108)
(close-paren 108 . 109)) nil nil)
  > semantic-parse-region-default(66 111 nil nil nil)
  > semantic-parse-region(66 111 nil)
  > semantic-edits-incremental-parser-1()
  > semantic-parse-changes-default()
  > semantic-parse-changes()
  > semantic-fetch-tags()
  > semantic-idle-scheduler-refresh-tags()
  > semantic-idle-core-handler()
  > semantic-idle-scheduler-function()
  > apply(semantic-idle-scheduler-function nil)
  > timer-event-handler([t 0 1 0 t semantic-idle-scheduler-function nil idle 0])

I've uninstalled Geiser, but this did not affect the problem.

Is there a way to:
   - Fix the problem, or
   - Suppress the debug output, in the meantime?

Thank you,

Andrew