Goops: Setting Immutible Classes?

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: Goops: Setting Immutible Classes?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 22:00:54 -0800

Hi, is the a way I could use goops such that I the classes are non-
mutating, but have setters that simply return a new instance of the
class (instead of modifying the original)?

I suppose I could simply use define-method to create setter methods
which create a new instance of the object; but that would get rather
complicated, wouldn't it, if the object had superclasses? So I need
some kind of shallow copy mechanism for the whole object, or a chained
copy mechanism...?

--
https://www.debian.org/