http response: can't read body

From: Matt Wette
Subject: http response: can't read body
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 15:25:54 -0700

I'm using Guile 2.2.2 web api and I can't get the body.

I'm getting a response from (http-get <query>).
The (response-code resp) is 200.
The value I get back from (response-body-port resp) says #t for port? and
input-port?

But if I try to read-char on the port I get:
ERROR: In procedure get-bytevector-n!:
ERROR: In procedure get-bytevector-n!: Wrong type argument in position 1
(expecting open input port): #<closed: string 106c24b60>

I get the same error if I use read-response-body.

What am I doing wrong?

Matt