Re: Any suggestions for a project?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: Any suggestions for a project?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:03:09 -0600

Daniele writes:

> Hello, I need to make my bachelor thesis in CS and was looking for
> ideas for a project to do in Scheme. Do you have any suggestions? Is
> there something that needs to be done in Guile? I'm actually not very
> experience and I am learning Scheme right now so it shouldn't be
> something too difficult.

It depends on what you want to do!  Here are some suggestions:

 - If you're willing to spend the time learning and using Guix, I find
   it's a great project with a great community which is very welcoming
   to newcomers.  There's also a good on-ramp: start out by packaging
   some projects that are interesting to you and from there you could
   start adding features to Guix itself.
 - The web section of the guile reference manual contains a nice
   tutorial on how to write a basic web application.
 - Try building a website using Haunt, a static site generator for
   Guile!

Do you have a particular problem you'd like to work on?  That's often a
good way to get excited and stay motivated!

Welcome to the Guile community!

 - Chris

PS: #guile on irc.freenode.net is usually friendly... feel free to ping
me there (though I am often busy) in case that's useful to you.