Re: Guile-CV: Not a GRAY, RGB nor an RGBA image "sand.tif"

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Guile-CV: Not a GRAY, RGB nor an RGBA image "sand.tif"
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:47:11 -0200

Hello Daniele,

        Please let's keep technical  discussion on the list, it i very
important,
        and once again don't be shy, we are working together to make things
better,
        others may benefit and/or help ...

> I hadn't tried make check, and in fact it fails on a very similar
> error (pp-17-bf.png is right there when is trying to find it and it
> opens in an image viewer just fine):

> test-impex failed: assert-equal: expected:
> (85 95 1)
>
> got:
> (0 0 0)

Something went wrong with the installation of either vigra and/or vigra_c

        Did you install Vigra 'manually?
        What is the version of Vigra?

        What is the last commit of vigra_c on your side? (just go in the
directory
        where you cloned, run gilt log and grab the first line for me).

What is really weird here is that

        ,use (cv)

should not even work, because you are missing both libpng and libtiff, so for
the
exact same reasons we were talking wrt your first message, dynlink should
complain
and 'ldd libvigra_c.so' would report failng libs ...

        could you check 'ldd libvigra_c.so' and paste the report here

David