ANNOUNCE: guille kernel for Jupyter

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: ANNOUNCE: guille kernel for Jupyter
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:04:52 -0600

I've just been pointed at this:

https://github.com/jerry40/guile-kernel

Recall that Jupyter is a web-based interactive framework meant for
collaborative creation of research diaries, journals, presentations & etc.
where the researcher/author can embed snippets of code that graph stuff, do
stuff, etc. (e.g. there is a "graphs like XKCD" plugin) It's mostly a
python thing, and I bitched about it, and now there's a guile thing!

Disclaimer: I have not tried this, and have played with jupyter only
shallowly. But I think this is a good thing, a very good thing, as it opens
the door for using guile in big-data settings or general science or
scientific-data analysis.

Linas.

--
cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you