[ANN] guile-syntax-highlight 0.1 released

From: Thompson, David
Subject: [ANN] guile-syntax-highlight 0.1 released
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 20:48:18 -0500

Hello Guilers,

I am pleased to announce the release of guile-syntax-highlight 0.1.
guile-syntax-highlight is a general-purpose syntax highlighting
library for GNU Guile.  It can parse code written in various
programming languages into a simple s-expression that can be easily
converted to HTML (via SXML) or any other format for rendering.

I've been using this for, uh, *years* now and just never released it,
though Ludovic added it to Guix using a Git snapshot awhile back.

Right now the only languages it can parse are Scheme, C, and XML,
because those are the only languages I've needed to highlight on my
blog.  These lexers are not perfect by any means, but they've worked
well enough for me in practice.  Feel free to send patches to add
additional languages or fix something that isn't working for you.

Release tarball:
https://files.dthompson.us/guile-syntax-highlight/guile-syntax-highlight-0.1.tar.gz

GPG signature:
https://files.dthompson.us/guile-syntax-highlight/guile-syntax-highlight-0.1.tar.gz.asc

Home page: https://dthompson.us/pages/software/guile-syntax-highlight.html

(The project page for guile-syntax-highlight uses
guile-syntax-highlight to highlight its own example code.)

Happy hacking!

- Dave