Re: Help me setup test coverage

From: amirouche
Subject: Re: Help me setup test coverage
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:40:52 +0100

Le lun. 12 mars 2018 à 15:55, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> a écrit :
Hello,

amirouche <address@hidden> skribis:

 I've setup a simple example, it requires guile and lcov for genhtml.

 You can reproduce the issue as follow:

  $ git clone https://github.com/a-guile-mind/coverage
  $ cd coverage
  $ make
    test echo
    Overall coverage rate:
      lines......: 0.0% (0 of 9164 lines)
      functions..: no data found

As you can see in the output, no lines seems to be visited by the vm.
 The output should be at least one, the line inside test.scm.

I think you need to use the VM’s “debug” engine, the one you get when
invoking “guile --debug”.

HTH!

Indeed, thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input as usual. I updated
the code in the repository [0]

[0] https://github.com/a-guile-mind/coverage/commit/d66861f949bcd6eea680506caee2268b48fcb75a

There is still a minor annoyance. In the manual [1] there is a 'modules'
keyword documented for the procedure 'coverage-data->lcov' but in the
current code that argument is gone [2]

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Code-Coverage.html#Code-Coverage [2] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/module/system/vm/coverage.scm?h=stable-2.2#n301

Is there a known workaround to get the coverage only for a given module?

TIA!