Re: lat? and atom? not in guile?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: lat? and atom? not in guile?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 10:40:36 -0400

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Joshua Branson <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Oh hey David!  Thanks for the explanation!  Maybe I need to take another
> look at that book then.  I found it a little repetitive, but I am
> probably not quite grasping some of the fundamentals.

It's meant to be repetitive.  It's explicitly compared in the introduction
to Hanon's finger exercises for the piano:  C-E-F-G-A-G-F-E,
D-F-G-A-B-A-G-F, E-G-A-B-C-B-A-D and so on forever, up the scale and down
in every key.  Boring as hell, but just the thing to get fluency into your
fingers.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        address@hidden
As we all know, civil libertarians are not the friskiest group around --