Re: Scheme books [was: lat? and atom? not in guile?]

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Scheme books [was: lat? and atom? not in guile?]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 09:44:52 -0400

Matt Wette <address@hidden> writes:

> On 06/20/2018 07:55 AM, Thompson, David wrote
> [regarding "The Little Schemer"]:
>> It's repetitive but honestly I found that the comedic writing made the
>> exercises very entertaining. I was rarely bored.  I don't play the
>> piano, but I do play drums, and the equivalent to Hanon's finger
>> exercises is an old book called Stick Control, which is definitely in
>> the boring as hell category! I'm glad that Lisp beginners have
>> something more fun available. :)
>
> And on this topic, I'm currently reading 'The Reasoned Schemer,' written
> in the same style.   The style gets the stuff into my head w/o resorting to
> trying out problems on the computer (yet).

Hmmm. I've heard about the seasoned schemer, but not the reasoned one.
I also have downloaded Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs.  I need to actually spend some time going through it.

I've just got several programming projects that I want to do, and I need
to remind myself that I probably can't learn it all at once.  :)