[ANN] Guile Hall Release (v0.1.1)

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: [ANN] Guile Hall Release (v0.1.1)
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 14:07:26 +0200

Hello,

It is with great trepidation and joy that I finally release Hall to the
world.

You can get it with Guix after pulling the latest version with
$ guix package -i guile-hall

Otherwise you can get the code from
https://gitlab.com/a-sassmannshausen/guile-hall/, and build (hopefully)
using the traditional
$ autoreconf -vif && ./configure && make
dance.

What is Guile Hall?

>From the README:

Hall is a command-line application and a set of Guile libraries that
allow you to quickly create and publish Guile projects.  It allows you
to transparently support the GNU build system, manage a project
hierarchy & provides tight coupling to Guix.

It's fundamental aim is to provide a black box that just works (tm)
for you so you distribute, manage & create guile projects.

Currently I use it to manage my other published project, guile-config,
as well as some unpublished libraries, that I'll hopefully be able to
publish soon-ish.

This project is part of my overall goal of creating user-friendly basic
tooling & libraries for Guile to encourage newbies to start building
with Guile.

Feedback, thoughts or discussion very welcome!

Best wishes,

Alex

PS: I fully expect something to go wrong when the first person tries to
install / use it.  Please let me know! :D