Re: How to get started in guile & programming generally

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: How to get started in guile & programming generally
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 17:45:54 +0200

On 2018-08-30 15:11, Joshua Branson wrote:
Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> writes:

Using guix on my Ubuntu I successfully installed chickadee master.

Try to install guix again and report the error you have please :]
Le mer. 29 août 2018 à 23:09, Joshua Branson <address@hidden> a écrit :

I will eventually.  Today I won't have any time to do that (or I'd
rather go be social this morning than to try to install guix again).  I
guess my main issue is that I always try to install it from source, and
it seems to take 4+ hours in compile.  I would try the binary
installation method, but I'm worried that is not as well tested.  And
won't work as well...

Use the binary install and verify the signature. It Works.