GUI Framework Options

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: GUI Framework Options
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 20:53:03 +0200

Hello Guile Users,

Is there somewhere a list of all GUI frameworks one can use with Guile
2.2.3 or 2.2.4 (I think 2.2.4 is latest stable)?

I tried getting Guile Gnome (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/)
to work, but failed multiple times. I liked GTK in Python 3, that's why
I looked for GTK bindings for Guile. If necessary I could try getting it
working again and then post any errors or problems I run into to the
mailing list and maybe someone will know how to get it working.

Which good alternatives (stable?) exist in the Guile ecosystem?

I know I could write a web app instead, but the web server, while being
nice and minimalistic, is also still a bit in the beginning and leaves
things to be desired. Some people think GUI is not needed any longer,
but I feel sometimes I want to write a program with desktop GUI and not
running in the browser.

Regards,
Zelphir