Re: GUI Framework Options

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GUI Framework Options
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 14:56:35 -0300

Hi Chris,

> > As Mike said, nothing usable at the moment if you 'are looking for and
> > 'absolutely need' GTK3 bindings, but if GTK2 is ok for you, then you may
> > indeed
> > use Guile-Gnome: though it binds (very) old version of GTK2 and some other
> > gnome
> > libs, it is 'rock solid'.

> Not that rock solid.  When I last tested it, you still get segfaults with
> repeated
> insertion and removal of idle timeouts.  Did you ever fix that?

No I didn't. I do remember we talked about this, but I can't find the emails
we've
exchanged about this, nor could I find a snipset to reproduce it (I must have
lost
these emails): with absolutely no promise what so ever, please re-post the short
example you made at the time so we can reproduce it.

Also, patches welcome, I believe you are more competent then myself to track and
solve this one 'nasty' bug - I actually thought you solved this, one way or
another
while working on guile-async and guile-async2.

Cheers,
David