Re: Auto-detect Guile in a text editor

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: Auto-detect Guile in a text editor
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 05:58:27 -0700

On 10/23/18 4:07 AM, HiPhish wrote:

And while I'm at that topic, what is the proper way of writing a shebang when
I don't know where Guile is installed to? For example, the Guile manual
frequently uses

     #!/usr/local/bin/guile

but what if I have Guile installed via Guix and it is somewhere in my Guix
store? A common solution is to abuse env:

        #!/usr/bin/env guile

But now I cannot pass arguments (like '-s') to Guile, because everything
following the first space will be treated as one argument to 'env'. Is there a
solution or am I just overthinking things?

Sometime I need to do shell processing, so I use

  #!/bin/sh

  exec guile $0 "$@"

  !#
  (define foo 1)