Re: Beginner questions

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Beginner questions
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 03:22:19 +0800

swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi

Hello,

> I would like to learn more scheme and I would like to make a small CLI

If you have time, I suggest you to watch the Structure and
Interpretation of Computer Programs (SICP) lecture series[0][1]. It is a
classic. The videos were recorded in 1986. However, the topics it
covered are still very relevant today: high-order procedures
(functionals), pattern matching, state & side effects, stream (lazy
list), metacircular evaluator, logic programming, garbage collection.

Have a look at the first lecture and see if you like it!

> program that runs in the terminal and prompts the user for input and
> evaluates it.
>
> Is that possible with guile? In the REPL?
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction for succeding with that?

Cheers,
Alex

[0]:
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/