GNU Guile-CV 0.2.1 release

From: David Pirotte
Subject: GNU Guile-CV 0.2.1 release
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 23:27:51 -0200

Hello,

GNU Guile-CV 0.2.1 is released.

This is a maintenance release, which introduces new interfaces and
performance improved the delineate core algorithm.

* About

[[http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-cv/][GNU Guile-CV]]
Image Processing and Analysis in [[http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/][Guile]]
a Computer Vision functional programming library

Guile-CV is based on [[http://ukoethe.github.io/vigra/][Vigra]] (Vigra (Vision
with
Generic Algorithms), enhanced with additional algorithms (Image Textures,
Delineate,
Reconstruction and many more), all accessible through a nice, clean and
easy to use high level API.

Guile-CV is natively multi-threaded, and takes advantage of multiple
cores, using high-level and fine grained application-level parallelism
constructs available in Guile, based on its support to POSIX threads.

* Download

Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature [fn:1]:

        http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile-cv/guile-cv-0.2.1.tar.gz
        http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile-cv/guile-cv-0.2.1.tar.gz.sig

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:

        -] gcc              (Debian 8.2.0-4) 8.2.0
        -] autoconf         (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
        -] automake         (GNU automake) 1.16.1
        -] libtool          (GNU libtool) 2.4.6
        -] makeinfo         (GNU texinfo) 6.5
        -] pdflatex         3.14159265-2.6-1.40.19 (TeX Live 2019/dev/Debian)
        -] guile-2.2        2.2.4.1-cdb19
        -] guile-lib-1.0    0.2.6.1

* Changes since 0.2.0

Here is a summary of visible changes since version 0.2.0. See GNU
Guile-CV's [[http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-cv.git][git summary]] and
[[http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-cv.git/log/][git log]] for a complete
description.

** Dependencies

Vigra C >= commit 0af647d08 - Oct 28, 2018

  The local minima and maxima interfaces have been improved, and now
  support the full set of options provided by Vigra, to our request
  (thank you Benjamin!).  In addition there has been a few bugs fixed,
  including one we detected while working on Guile-CV local minima
  bindings.

** New interfaces

im-crack-edge
im-crack-edge-channel
im-local-minima
im-local-minima-channel
im-local-maxima
im-local-maxima-channel

** Performance improvements

im-delineate
im-delineate-channel

  The f32vector-delineate core functionality has been moved to
  libguile-cv. Note that all memory allocation - except for some local
  variables - still is being performed in scheme.

  This move makes im-delineate work almost twice as fast. Because all
  memory allocation still is done in scheme, and not in C, I am very
  comfortable with this approach. When Guile has an AOT compiler that
  compiles fixed size floating points and small integers operations and
  vector loops for these that runs as fast as in C, and I am pretty
  confident that it will happen, maybe not tomorrow, but it will happen,
  we will revert these and use Guile Scheme again.

* Bug reports

Please report bugs to address@hidden

* Mailing lists

For the time being, Guile-CV uses Guile's mailing list:

  address@hidden is for general user help and discussion;

  address@hidden is used to discuss most aspects of Guile-CV,
  including development and enhancement requests.

David

[fn:1]

  Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
  .sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
  and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

        gpg --verify guile-cv-0.2.1.tar.gz.sig

  If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
  then run this command to import it:

        gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys A3057AD7

  and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command