Re: guile-sdl2: What do you use instead of rectangles

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: guile-sdl2: What do you use instead of rectangles
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:40:41 -0500

Hey sirgazil!

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM sirgazil <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm reading a book about game development with SDL, and they use source
> and destination rectangles for many things (using sprite sheets, tile
> maps, etc.). It seems that there is no equivalent module to "SDL_rect.h"
> in guile-sdl2. What do you use instead of rectangles?

Ah, yes. The reason why the functions declared in SDL_rect.h haven't
been wrapped in guile-sdl2 is because I use OpenGL for all rendering
and haven't needed them.  I only use SDL2 for input device and window
management. Saves me a lot of work in that regard!

I would gladly accept a patch that wrapped the SDL_rect API. :)

Hope this helps,

- Dave