Re: How to build GNUTLS Guile bindings on Xubuntu

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: How to build GNUTLS Guile bindings on Xubuntu
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 16:34:07 -0500

Hi Alex,

Alex Vong <address@hidden> writes:
> Btw, this bug report[0]
> explains why the guile bindings were removed. Although it's mark as
> wontfix, should we encourage the maintainers to re-enable the guile
> bindings in the experimental repository?

Based on:

I think the Debian maintainers have made it clear that they will not
re-enable the Guile bindings until the underlying bug is fixed, which
apparently causes intermittent failures in GnuTLS's test suite when
Guile is built with certain compile flags, as described here:

> The problems could perhaps be solved by building the bindings with
> guile 2.2.

Sure, this would be a worthwhile thing to try, but we should probably
try it ourselves before asking the Debian developers to spend time on
it.  I can't try it easily because I use GuixSD, but if there are
interested users of Debian and Guile here, it would be a great help to
try reproducing the problem described in Debian bug 805863, and seeing
if the problem can be avoided by building GnuTLS with Debian's Guile-2.2
package.

      Regards,
        Mark